Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Mike Mhley, the Universe is Calling



This is Mike Mhley.

I've known him for a long time and have spent two months in India with him on two separate trips this year.

He's been a good travelling companion. Quick-witted, and even-tempered, he's been a great source of humor and a calming perspective during some trying times.

For example, he got off a plane the first trip and slid straight into hectic shopping situations on Brigade road without batting an eye. It took most of us several days to get aclimated; Mike did it within hours and was cracking jokes right away.

When things changed and we needed him to do different things, he did them without complaining and got it done.

And he has a way of making you like him. The girls in every trip have fallen in love with him and titter and laugh when he goes by. Here he charms a goat into posing for pictures. Incidentally, the shirt he's wearing declares that "Vegas is for Pussies".



Mike believes in the book The Secret. I don't really understand it, but basically the book tells how you put positive wishes out into the Universe and they are granted. When you fret and are negative, the things you worry about come to pass as well. It has something to do with electricity and maybe G0d and karma. We would joke about; "Oh Universe, please help me out here." or when something goes right "Thank you, Universe."


Well the Universe is taking in Mikey in a different direction and I'm thinking about him today.


I don't really believe that Things Happen For a Reason and stuff like that, but I do have faith that people can bounce and change doesn't have to be bad, even if it is often painful. Mike has skills, talent and puts love into what he does. The Universe is taking him somewhere and I'm just glad that it brought him into my orbit for a little while. I've learned from him and enjoyed his company.

Thanks, Universe.

3 comments:

  1. We saw "Men Who Stare at Goats" last night, so the photo above really made me laugh. Good karma to Mike -- I know from your posts all along that he's been a good companion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steve: Sweet post about Mhikey! It's sad when we all have to go our separate ways. Course, I'll be seeing him because he lives right here. Take care, Sally

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Steve, I've known Mike since 1997 and he's never changed. He's always a little light to my day. We used to work together for Bell Atlantic/Verizon/Idearc and when we were all laid off and he moved down to Florida it broke my heart. But, I'm glad to say I'll be spending the whole weekend with them because he's in PA. Can't wait to see him. So, glad you had a chance to experience the joy of Mikey. :o) Take care and thanks for writing about my buddy. <3 Bubbles

    ReplyDelete