Monday, May 2, 2011

It is what it is

Storms hit in the middle of the night. One of the thunderbolts shook the house and knocked me bolt upright in bed around 2am.
This is earlier than that- around 10pm. I was just curling into bed with an episode of classic Star Trek. The one with the Trelaine: the all-powerful space brat with the magic mirror and the penchant for 1800's dress up. You know, not to get off on a tangent, but I could watch classic trek just for the lighting setups. They don't have any continuity shot to shot, but they are dramatic as hell. Compare with the bland, even mall light of Next Generation. Bleagh.
Anyhoo. Stam stam went the lightning, so I pulled on a hoodie and pants and tried to catch some snaps. This was about it.
After the blue sky comment in the other post, I figured I better read up. Basically, what it gets down to is the sky is blue for the same reason everything else is the color it is: because thats the color light it reflects. I did learn that the reason clouds are often darker on the bottom because that's the shadow from the top of the cloud.
But my comment meant more to the idea that even when things seem kind of black it doesn't mean that's how they are. I'm not always having the greatest time with this move and sometimes it gets to me. If you leave the shutter open long enough, things change up. The sky is still back there.

No comments:

Post a Comment