Monday, November 30, 2009

Same Flowers, Less Creepy





I don't know what this flower is, but I like it. I shot this back in July when I was at this hotel last time. They grow around the base of the building. I wanted to shoot them more, but the base of the building is pretty much always right outside someones window. I don't want to be the dude with the zoom lense outside your window trying to explain how Im just there for the flowers.
Well, good news is this time I am on the ground floor and it's my window they are outside of and they are still in bloom, or whatever state that is. They are still all orangey. So, I plan to explore further. But first, off to work.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Bird-of-paradise flower, maybe? I don't know. They sure are dramatic! I always think everything in the West is over-the-top: soaring mountains, huge sky, endless expanses of dry hills, big trees. I have to retrain my eyes, which are used to the gentler landscapes of NE.

    Enjoyed your reflections (ha ha!) on light, too. I went straight to to PS and look up the baby puke green.

    Enjoy your sojourn; keep us posted (ha ha again!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for the blog! Keep the postings coming and take lots of pictures.

    ReplyDelete