Saturday, April 2, 2011


So, the game here is balancing ambient. I'm shooting f5.6 at 1/60.
I'm doing that to capture the room in the back. Subject is lit with flash. I'm goofing around with the Gary Fong Whale Tails. I bought them a few years ago and never really did much with them. The hope was to produce a diffuse light that fell off quickly.
I'm ok with the results. My initial idea was try out all the different options for opening the gates and such on the tails. Of course I became distracted with goofing around and never really did that. I dont use the tails much because they are bulky and odd-shaped. Thus, difficult to cary around in a backpack with other gear. I dont know that I'm really using the right, either.
Seems okay. I may try them again with a still subject, which is a lot easier to handle. Then I can try to get the options down on those gates.


1 comment:

  1. thanx for tutorials while i'm into natural lighting --old farts are that way--slow to take up some of the newer more technical. I've enjoyed the pix and getting a better appreciation. thanks dad

    ReplyDelete