Thursday, October 4, 2012

Gift Shopping

After my awesome night of not sleeping I was ready to go to work and watch my computer struggle with a lack of WIFI connectivity.
Watching a computer task is a great way to fall asleep, but it's even better when you are in a hot room.
So, after 6 hours of this, my partner took pity on me and we went downstairs for a coffee and some shopping. At the coffee shop, she surprised me with some Pringles. I had no thoughts at all before this, but upon seeing that friendly can I became excited for the crisp uniformity of these American wonders.
We pop open the can and:


Not one solid chip.
In fact, most chips missing at least 60% of original size. It was like a can filled with the remainders of other cans.
Depressing.
But I was buoyed when I saw a container boldly touting the Perfect Gift Options.
And while its hard to see in this snap, the Perfect Gift is a lonely can of Red Bull. You could also give a bottle of water according to this display case.


I was in the mood for gift-buying now, so I went into the little store in the building. They sell an odd mix of things: trophies, used books, old dollar-store comic book- things like that.
Oh, and this guy: the king of dogs. This is in the high rise office of a major multinational corporation.



I went back to work but the wifi troubles eventually drove us back to the hotel.
After a couple of hours we went for dinner at a pretty- good Indian place in the hotel. I picked a cocktail from the menu purely by its name: The Bad Man.
Upon closer inspection. I found that it contained the perfect gifting option to me: red bull. And booze.
Man, I hope I sleep tonight.


Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment