Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Work, and doesn't work

We are in Chennai and I am writing this at three in the morning. Since I last posted we worked a long day in Coimbatore, went to the airport, and then flew here.


We pulled into Chennai and got to the hotel around midnight. I had a series of minor frustrations that added up. Couldn't get on wifi (the 7 they drew looked like a two), someone zip-tied my luggage shut and I had no way to open it and there was no iron in the room.
I called down about the iron and they seemed non-plussed. "You want it now?" Yeah, and I want outlets that work when the lights are off.
I understand the need to conserve power, but I need to sleep and charge my devices at the same time and the plug in the bathroom only works for shavers.
What a first world crybaby I am.
The monsoon here wasn't strong this year and a lot of folks are without water full time apparently.


Meanwhile, I've been dining in places that have chandeliers that drop down multiple stories.
But, six hours later I was getting up for a large business meeting. It lasted the bulk of the day and then I got blasted from all sides with work issues.
I was pretty tired when we got back to the hotel. I tried to stay up because our work schedule changes again today, but it's 3am and here we are. I'd unscrew the lightbulb, but I can't get to it.




Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment