Thursday, March 11, 2010

Namaste

The beginning of the Good-Byes started tonight. We're going to leave a little early tomorrow, which is our last day. Now, by "a little early" I mean we're working closer to 8 hours and less like 12.
Mikey realized that that meant he was bidding adieu to the 3rd shifters today. He's splashed water on his face to trick the easily dupe-able Beth into thinking he had been crying (she fell for it of course) but there are some real mixed emotions there in the play tears.
We've been through some hard work with sleeves rolled up next to these good people for two months. We're happy, sad, reticent, concerned, uncertain, satisfied, amazed, overjoyed, hungry, tired, proud, and pulverized. I know I'm not quite the same.
So, we waved the late-night kids onward and hit the trail.
This is some of them by the way:
Dang, I love the high sign. Even super-serious Eranna (center) busts out the grin when I make them do the move.


And this is Sasi, Sham and Ram. You likely know Sasi and Sham. I've worked closely with them this trip. With Sham dating back to last year and the start of this blog.

I wanted to give special props to Sasi, though. He's took me to Republic Day, he came to get me on Cricket Day and has been considerate and gracious throughout. I really appreciate what he's done for me this trip. Thanks, Sasi. Now grow your hair back.

And, thank you, blog reader. It's been a great lifeline for me to see your responses. It's helped tie me to home when I had few touchstones. And I know and appreciate the lurkers out there. According to statcounter, this blog has been hit over 3,0o0 times this yeat by several hundred users. That's nice and well appreciated. I wrote this for my family and friends to share in this trip a little. I'm greatful to hear your responses and know that you are out there, even if you aren't posting. Thank you.

I've had fun, felt just about everything possible, seen some crazy stuff, tried new things and come out better than I went in. I'm closing in on the end and am not sure if I will post again from in-country. So thank you, blog, thank you India.

Namaste.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing the trip with all of us. It's been fun to experience India vicariously though you.

    Can't wait to have you back ... Florida awaits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Steve!
    I totally enjoyed the adventure with you! Not only were you an impressive lead, you captured it all flawlessly in your blog. It helped my friends and family to know we all were OK. No doubts.
    Namaste
    Mhike

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love the blog, Steve! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete