Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Wrong Side of the World

I heard today that Steve came into the office and cleaned out his stuff.

I can't really tell you how that bums me out. We sat next to each other for 4 years and spent much of our time together. He guided me through that crazy first year with a big corporation and we went through the wars together. Now he's gone and another good friend will follow soon after.

I just want to thank Steve for that and the great times we had in and outside of work. I know that we will hang out again, and I look forward to that. But the days on the team with Deb and Maria were pretty great and I'm sad to see them go. It's tough when a good team gets broken up and you can't do anything about it. The distance from home is heavy with me tonight.




4 comments:

  1. fine portraits of stellwagen (sic) grampame

    ReplyDelete
  2. fine portraits of STELLWAGEN grampame

    ReplyDelete
  3. d-_-b tru dat my friend. We are feeling the hurt... Best to enjoy the time remaining on the other side of the world. It's a fantastic kick to read your very rich and humurous accounts of a world we can only glimpse.

    yer pal, tom d

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, these are great stories and you tell them so well.. I followed them from the time we got there and even after I came home and let you guys behind. Thanks

    ReplyDelete