Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Hatfull of Handsome


Yeah!!
Party hat! Like the Good Humor Man!
You asked for it, you got it: this is the hat they gave me upon arrival at McMillan. I will wear it on Republic Day next week.
Excitingly, I realize that I will be here March 1st, which is Holi - the throw stainy stuff holiday. By then I think the project will be smooth enough that I might get to enjoy myself.
Today I slept til 7, woke up and semi-slept until noon. I was up til 3 working the night before. Then it was a quick lunch and into work. Today went better. I'm looking forward to getting out more, though - so far it's been all hotel and work. But really, that's all it could be. We have large tasks.
But now I have this swank hat to wear out. Stay tuned, true believers.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I like how you've jauntily placed the hat to the side. It gives you swagga'. Not unlike a hot dog vendor from 1953.

    You'd better take pics of the stainy stuff holiday. It looks crazy fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We used to call those Nehru hats, made famous by guess-who, of course. You look mighty spiffy (and not at all jet-lagged)! And are you making jokes like "Holi cow" yet?

    I'm having fun reading about all the things you mention and am loving the photos. Off to learn about Republic Day and Holi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the minnesota natioan guard has uniform caps with sharper centers--they're called 'GARRISON KEELERS' grampame

    ReplyDelete