Friday, January 29, 2010

Up in the Air



Check out the dude drinking in the first picture. This is the Indian way of drinking from bottles. I mentioned the mysteriously-filled bottles at work and how they drink from them - this is it. That's what they do. Keep that mouth away from the rim and pour it through the air. I can't do it yet: I either spill or rely upon my lower lip to steady the position a bit by touching lower on the bottle.
I've noticed also that I drink a lot more water than them. Now, I hydrate quite a bit but they aren't even at the same table as me.
I also snap my gum, sing songs out loud, make foolish jokes and generally comport myself with a carefree attitude. This is very un-Indian of me, or at least that's how it seems. I sometimes feel like the big loud lout to their considerate, polite gentlemen. Of course I have a business face, too, but sometimes I wonder how foolish I appear.
Anyway- these were shot from my hotel room looking across the street. 300mm lens. The project is crazy and I have to sneak a snap or two here and there. Even now I should be sleeping; another long day and we have to work Saturday.
Nice news is that more teammates arrive Sunday.
Oh, and although everyone thinks I'm a fool, I want to try some street food. The vendor in the second picture does brisk business- must be doing something right. I'm thinking more along the lines of roasted nuts, though. Something easy to deal with.
We'll see. I expect I will mostly sleep and work the next 48 hours.
Nighty night

No comments:

Post a Comment