Wednesday, February 3, 2010

All Hail!


I meant to post this the other day. The photo isn't that strong, but I like the kid with the upside-down cross. It's like everyone is doing their earnest best to promote peace, unity and brotherhood, but there's always one little miscreant trudging along saying "Screw that - All Hail Satan!" I also like how only the Christian kids bother with shoes.
In India, tipping is part of daily life for services. Everyone expects it. In the things we've read, it gets into every facet of life and can even look like bribes or graft. We have a driver that takes us back and forth to work. When we go places they just wait there for us. So, we go shopping or whatever and the driver just hangs out patiently until we get done. He's paid by the company, but a gratuity is expected as well. As the manager, I've been paying the tips for the group. A couple four bucks a day.
Today I opened my wallet to pay another company expense and a moth flew out. You start doing the math and it adds up quickly. I'm going to have to cash in more loot and I'm not even halfway through. I'm letting it irritate me and I need to just go with it.
Good news is that the Orange team, our counterparts in the North are planning a visit possibly. I could use a party for sure and hope that it works out. 12 hour days and six day weeks have me ready to sleep when I should be experiencing this place. If those guys come we will party for sure. Now, if I only had some cash...

2 comments:

  1. Hey ... Kate's SS teacher is looking for for pics of Jains. Have you seen followers or taken any pics?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll ask around at work. I think some of the kids at Republic Day were dressed as Jains, but I'm not sure.

    ReplyDelete