Saturday, February 27, 2010

Light Blue Team



I have a cold and am somewhat miserable. Stuffed up, sneezing, light-headed, nose running all over the place.

Still: I must rally. Tomorrow is the last day of the second-to-last weekend and there are things to see and do. From the beginning the Blue Team has been all about the Rally. We work all night, sleep just a wink, and rally all day. I must go go go. I hope tonight's rest is all that is required because Monday is Holi.
Yes. The rowdy, paint-throwing festival of Spring. I plan to sacrafice my one white work shirt to the good luck gods of Holi. I'm torn about photos. I need shots of Holi, but I don't want to wreck my camera for it, either. Maybe I can rig some sort of protective plastic bag.
Anyway, got up late today. Feeling sick as I said. We ended up doing some shopping. I took a couple shots of two women plying their trades on Commercial street. Check out the tattoos on the seamstress. I paid both hard-working ladies for the shots since I wasn't interested in what either were selling.
Now it's time for rest and the hopes of a rally and then a happy Holi.

2 comments:

  1. Ya gots ta rally for Holi!! It's what we've all been waiting for pictures of ... that and the big naked Buddha.

    P.S. We luv jewels, hint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rally for Holi -- I like that! I like that woman's tattoos, too -- any idea what those cryptic symbols are all about?

    Hope you feel better --

    ReplyDelete