Monday, December 7, 2009

Many Things to Enjoy











Today we switched topics, classrooms and teachers. I'm delivering now, which is both more and less tiring. The day goes faster for sure, though I'm feeling more like I'm letting other stuff slide.
The new classroom is smaller, and a bit cluttered. The stuff cluttering it is generally pretty cool though. Yvette was showing the Indian trainers some of her prizes today. They were very amused and wanted to try them all. Here they test out the Optimus Prime voice changer mask and the Hulk Hands. It was pretty funny.
Afterwards Sentil opined in his thick accent "Eevett, you have many things to enjoy". They pronounce "Yvette" so that it almost sounds like "wet". It gave me a chuckle.
Also fun today: Yvette and I exchanged several low-brow font jokes that sailed over all of their heads completely. It was somehow funnier because it was clear that our silliness was safely lost in translation.
Pretty happy-go-stupid day all around.
Photo notes: these are taken on the iPhone, and then given a vignette and some warmth using Chase Jarvis' Best Camera (is the one you have with you) app.

- Posted from my iPhone





1 comment:

  1. Funny stuff!

    Here's a small world story for you: I had to have a root canal, and the oral surgeon looks and sounds Indian, but his name is Dias. I guessed he's from Goa, and I was right. When I said you were going to Bangalore, he said, "Oh, I was was supposed to be in Bangalore last month, but I got sick." To a conference, I guessed? Nope. He was going fishing!

    Seems he was just going to change planes in Bangalore, headed ultimately to an island north of the Maldives. Deep-sea fishing (I assume) was about the last thing I connected with India, but it also made me think of you! Who knew?!

    ReplyDelete