Saturday, December 5, 2009

Walk Off



I got up this mornng and drove to Hollywood to see the Walk of Fame.

I never noticed that the stars had icons in them before. Like this dude's is for television. There are also icons for movies, recording and radio.

I was also mildly surprised that characters like Snow White and Kermit the Frog get stars. I've long known that the walk is more publicity than homage: the celebrities pay for their stars, but having fictional characters there seemed a bit much. Why not have one for the Whopper or Nyquil while we're at it? Kermit's star must have been a tough call, because he was in movies and had a hit song, but they gave it to him for television. That puts him in the good company of Donald Trump.

So, it's early still and I'm walking around, looking at Grauman's and such when Jack Sparrow walks by in full pirate getup. He and a pretty plonde are out for a stroll so I tag along to see what's up. Seems the pirate captain needs a cup of coffee to get his day started. He and the blonde go into a corner shop and get a couple of regulars. No one but me finds this the slightest bit interesting to see a man in full costume and make-up preparing himself a cup of mud while discussing last night's party as though nothing unusual were going on. Even the Japanese tourists politely ignore him.
I try to hip shoot a few photos but decide against taking a more-direct shot when I hear more of the conversation. Jack's a jerkface. I head back North to look for a beach.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome!

    P.S. Who the heck is Leonard Goldens?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny. I remember, when I went to Hollywood the town, thinking that Hollywood the industry's greatest achievement was making Hollywood the town seem glamorous.

    ReplyDelete